Let’s learn all about pumpkins! This blog post outlines resources for a mini unit study about pumpkins, so that you can find crafts and resources to plan as you learn! 🥰
If you like a more open + go type of unit study, consider grabbing our Pumpkin Study Bundle!
Included in the Pumpkin Study Bundle:
- Done-for-you lesson plans
- Beautiful graphics + printable artwork
- Copywork pages: traceable, primary-lined, and wide-ruled
- Mini poetry study
- Pumpkin investigation worksheet
- Activity printables: Parts of a pumpkin, pumpkin lifecycle story book, coloring pages, and pumpkin templates for planned activities
- BONUS pumpkin-themed worksheets: Skip counting, scissor practice, the letter P, and an October reading log!
Pumpkin Unit Study Resources
Day 1 — All About Pumpkins
Day 2 — Dissecting Pumpkins
Day 3 — Pumpkin Lifecycle
Day 4 — How Does A Pumpkin Grow?
Day 5 — Cool Facts About Pumpkins
The Runaway Pumpkin by Kevin Lewis
Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White
The Pumpkin Book by Gail Gibbons
Pumpkins by Jacqueline Farmer
From Seed To Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeffer
Pumpkin Jack by Will Hubbell
Pumpkin Circle by George Levenson
Here’s a wonderful breakdown of our poem for the week: The Pumpkin by John Greenleaf Whittier
Here’s an awesome craft for older students to complete as well: 3D Paper Pumpkins by Non-Screen Activities for Kids
Create Your Homeschool is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and gets to be an affiliate for other amazing companies we know you’ll love! This means we earn a commission from qualifying purchases when you shop through our affiliate links! It’s a simple way for you to support this blog, without paying anything extra, so that we can continue to share valuable resources here with you! Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website and may be present in this blog post.
For more information, please refer to our disclosure statement.