I am so excited to share with you the UG Word Family Worksheets! Your child will learn to read many -ug word family words while building reading skills.
When teaching my boys to read I wanted to find CVC based readers, with few sight words. I was shocked at how hard this was to find! I would look at the library and online, with no success. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention, so I created these beautifully illustrated preschool and kindergarten worksheets and readers! This is just one of many in the collection. Here are some ways to use the UG Word Family Worksheets:
- Day 1 Work on one worksheet with your child then read the story to your child.
- Day 2 Work on the second worksheet. Then in the easy reader you read a word and then the child reads the same word.
- Day 3 Work on the next worksheet. Then in the easy reader you and the child read the words at the same time
- Day 4 Continue working on worksheets until you have mastered them. Then allow your child to read the whole story on their own.
This technique can be used with any reading program. Ask comprehension questions along the way. Questions such as “What type of bug is this? What color is the bug? How many bugs are there?” etc. Try laminating the worksheets to be used over and over again. Sight words should not be a focus when teaching your child to read. Focus first on learning rhymes, letter sounds, and then CVC words.
What is Included in the UG Word Family Worksheets?
- 6 worksheets to build confidence in reading simple CVC words in the -ug word family.
- 1 decodable reader (this reader is to be folded after double sided printing. Then you will have a story on one paper, with 4 “pages”)
I hope you and your child enjoy using these worksheets as much as I enjoyed making them!
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Find more in my shop!
Be sure to visit me online where I love to blog!