In this Third Grade Health Lesson Plan, students will:
- Compare a variety of healthy practices and behaviors to maintain or improve personal, community, and environmental health.
- Classify communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Summarize the importance of treating individuals and communities with respect.
- Describe different kinds of family structures.
- Define genetics and its relationship with family history and personal health.
- Define stress, eustress, and distress.
- Identify how a person expresses stress.
- List six essential nutrients and the sources of each.
- Understand the daily recommendations of physical activity.
- Identify the purpose of over the counter and prescription medications.
- Discuss ways alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and other drugs can harm individual’s physical, mental, and social health.
- Identify ways to prevent injuries at home, at school, and in the community.
- Explain a person’s right to feel comfortable, safe, and respected.
- Describe abusive behaviors and actions and ways to get help.
- Identify the steps to report an unsafe situation to a safe trusted adult.
- Explain various steps to take if separated or lost from a parent or guardian.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of communicating using technology and social media.
- Identify the functions of the major body parts using correct anatomical terms.
Assessments are included at the end of each lesson!!
This Third Grade Health Lesson Plan includes 82 pages of information that is engaging and informative.
There are no reviews yet.