I know it can be challenging–downright overwhelming– to get started with homeschooling (or even to plan each new year!) and that feeling can lead to us “freezing up” and not knowing where to even begin with our homeschool plans! I created The Overwhelmed Mom’s Guide to Homeschool Planning for myself to help me break the planning process down into manageable steps and to combat that overwhelm, and I decided to share it with other moms who, like me, just need space and help to work through “the details” a bit. The Overwhelmed Mom’s Guide to Homeschool Planning is also a resource to help homeschool families gather their thoughts, contain research/questions, and lay out a solid plan for their homeschool (both long-term and short-term).
The Overwhelmed Mom’s Guide to Homeschool Planning isn’t your typical, fill-in-the-lessons planner, but is rather meant to be used before even beginning planning. While I do have a few traditional planning pages included for those that want them, I know that each family’s needs are unique, and there are already hundreds of beautiful lesson planner options out there for you to choose from! Rather than adding to those resources, I wanted to create something unique that is more tailored to the “behind the scenes” part of school planning, to break down and simplify the steps of the planning process and set a solid foundation.
The Overwhelmed Mom’s Guide to Homeschool Planning aims to help you answer 6 main questions of school planning:
1) Why you are homeschooling (your overall vision and goals)
2) Who your students are (information on each unique student)
3) Where you will learn/teach (planning out your learning space)
4) How you will to teach your kids (teaching and learning methods)
5) What you will teach your kids (curriculum and lesson planning)
6) When you will do school (choosing a schedule and plugging it all in)
By the time you have finished The Overwhelmed Mom’s Guide to Homeschool Planning, you will have solid answers to those core questions and will be in a wonderful place to plan our your school year!
(Please note, this product is a digital download that you print at home)
The Overwhelmed Mom’s Guide to Homeschool Planning includes…
- 115+ pages to break down and simplify the school planning process
- Journaling prompts to help you process your thoughts and feelings this school year
- Vision-planning guide for your homeschool
- Tools for teaching and connecting with each unique child
- A guide for planning your classroom/learning space
- A breakdown of popular teaching methods and pages for your own methods research
- Curriculum planning pages
- Unit study planning pages
- School schedule examples and planning guides
- Daily/Weekly Schedule pages
- Blank calendar pages for the entire school year
- Fun bonus pages with recommended resources, reading tracker, and monthly “pause and pray”
- and much, much more!
School planning doesn’t have to be overwhelming and hard! My prayer for The Overwhelmed Mom’s Guide to Homeschool Planning is that it will be a helpful and inspiring guide for many, many families in their unique homeschool journeys, and that it will help you break down and simplify the planning process so that you can prepare for your best school year yet!
I’m cheering you on, Fellow Overwhelmed Mama!