Short A Phonics Story
Learning to spell Short A words is fun and interesting with this engaging phonics story full of words showing how to spell the Short A vowel sound. The story contains 113 Short A words, with the Short A letters printed in contrasting green for easy decoding.
The storybook also includes differentiated word family lists, a reading comprehension quiz, homonyms, high frequency sight words, play based and cross curricular activities and a colouring page. Your students will easily develop phonemic awareness, learn to decode sounds in words and build knowledge of letter sound correspondence
In this story, ‘Dance of the Fancy Pants Ants’, Captain Ant is worried about the ants running out of food. Children will love reading about Angie and Alex’s plan to save the clan and have fun learning to spell at the same time.
Our unique approach to phonics combines systematic spelling with story based learning to bring spelling to life and provides the context for phonics to make sense. Re-energize your students and make spelling time a happy and successful time for all!
In This Resource:
- engaging 26 page full colour phonics picture book story
- 113 Short A spelling words, (there is usually just one way to spell the Short A sound in words ‘a’)
- word list
- tricky words
- reading comprehension
- grapheme chart
- story on one page
- coloring page
- spelling activity ideas
- cross curricula story based learning activities
Print or View
- PDF format to print as booklet or single pages, or view on any screen in single or double page format to suit
- Download as a zip file, open and select the version that suits you best.
- Note: You will receive 2 versions as separate PDF files to accommodate slightly different spelling for US or UK/Aus.
There are no reviews yet.