Need an activity to practice sorting shapes and colors that will be fun and engaging? This no prep digital Boom Cards matching activity is perfect for practicing shape and color recognition! Your kiddos will be able to practice working with a two way table as they sort the different color shapes based on both the shape and the color of each item.
This sorting activity can be used for distance or hybrid learning – or face to face teaching!
How this 2 Way Sorting Activity works:
- On each card, the students are presented with a grid and a pile of cards with pictures of colored shape characters. The grid has shapes on top and colors down the side. The students will need to sort the cards and put them in the grid by matching both the shapes and the colors correctly.
- The colors included in the activity are red, orange, yellow, green, turquoise, blue, purple and pink.
- The shapes included in the activity are square, rectangle, circle, oval, rhombus (diamond), parallelogram, kite, trapezium (trapezoid), triangle, star, pentagon, hexagon and octagon.
- Students do not need to know the names of the shapes or colors. They will simply sort them by sight.
Click HERE to try out a free playable preview of this resource!
This fun 2 Way Sorting Activity includes:
- 30 Boom Cards
- Interactive drag and drop format
- Boom Cards are self-checking and students get instant feedback!
- Teacher information
Your kiddos will love practicing sorting shapes and colors with this fun and interactive activity!
The PDF download contains a link to the Boom Cards Deck. You will need to click the button in the PDF and you will be taken to a page to redeem your purchase and add the deck to your Boom Cards library.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
“Boom™ is the trademark of Boom Learning. Used with permission.”
Thank you so much,
There are no reviews yet.