23 Rhyme worksheets to help your junior primary students recognise, combine and manipulate sounds in words and understand the concept that words sharing common sounds often share common letter sequences. Children will practice hearing, identifying and manipulating sounds and quickly realise that if they can spell ‘cape’, they can spell ‘tape’ etc.
This variety pack of story based resources will capture and maintain student interest as they build competence in these essential phonological awareness foundation skills to support a successful learning to spell journey.
Included in this pack:
- 7 Find the Rhyme Worksheets: Colour all the words that rhyme with a focus word in green and the rest in a different colour.
- 2 Rhyming Pairs Worksheets: Draw a line matching words with the same last sound. 2 versions for this activity, black and white for student worksheet and colour to laminate for repeated use
- 10 Rhyming Words Worksheets: Highlight the rhyming words in each row of the table.
- 4 Rhyming Writing Activities: Write a story or poem with rhyming sentences
- 2 Copies of the Phonics Story ‘Baby Jake’s Birthday’: Phonics story full of words showing 9 ways the Long A sound can be spelled. 2 copies are included, one with the Long A words in green and the other with all text in black