Do your upper elementary students struggle with what to include in their independent reading responses? These reader’s response choice boards for independent reading include 18 different prompts and allow students to choose how they respond to their fiction or nonfiction independent reading books!
What’s included with the Reader’s Response Choice Boards for Independent Reading?
- 1 choice board with 9 prompts for FICTION texts
- 1 choice board with 9 prompts for NONFICTION texts
- Two-page response sheet
How do they use it?
- Students choose a prompt from the choice board that matches the genre of their independent reading book.
- Students record the book’s name, author’s name, and prompt code on the reading response sheet.
- Students record their response to the prompt on the reading response sheet.
These worksheets require no preparation – just print and go! With 9 different prompts for each genre, students won’t run out of ideas for how to respond to their reading!
There are no reviews yet.