Don’t just teach your child to read. Teach them to see reading as a learning adventure.
Any book can ignite the kind of curiosity and discovery that create a rich learning environment! This Reader’s Notebook gives you a practical, easy-to-use tool to embrace those opportunities when they arrive.
The Reader’s Notebook contains 7 interactive pages that are designed to be used with any book your child is reading. This set encourages students to go beyond just reading by interacting with the text in a meaningful way.
Additionally, you’ll receive a BONUS set of interactive bookmarks with your purchase!
Why You’ll Love the Reader’s Notebook:
- Your child will apply vocabulary skills to their personal life as they recognize, record and define new words they discover as they read.
- Your child will be encouraged to ask questions about what they’re reading, and to search for the answers.
- Your child will think critically and creatively about what they’re reading as they draw and write about favorite scenes, quotes, characters, and more.
- Without even knowing it, your child will be drawing connections between the book they’re reading and their daily life.
The pages in this Reader’s Notebook have been designed to encourage children to interact intentionally with the books they’re reading.
It is not intended to be a book report that’s filled out after the book is finished. Instead, it is a guide that gently teaches children to think deeper about what they’re reading and to apply that information to their personal lives.
What’s Included in the Reader’s Notebook:
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Book Info Page (2 versions)
- New Words I’m Learning (vocabulary page)
- Favorite Scenes
- A Quote I Really Like
- Questions I Have
- BONUS: 6 Vocabulary-Based Interactive Bookmarks, varied by writing level
- BONUS: 4 Incentive-Based Interactive Bookmarks
This simple, print-and-use resource will equip you to transform the everyday homeschool discipline of reading into a rich learning adventure! Get your copy today and have fun learning!
More Reading Resources You’ll Love from There Is No Box: