Bring your child’s phonics / grammar skills to the next level with this Punctuation Marks: 1st & 2nd Grade Grammar | Phonics Review Worksheets!
With no prep required, these worksheets make it easy for your child to master PUNCTUATION MARKS. These fun and engaging activities will help your child identify, write, and understand when and which punctuation mark to use in sentences and in words. Get ready to see your child’s phonics / grammar skills soar with this Punctuation Marks: 1st & 2nd Grade Grammar | Phonics Review Worksheets.
In this punctuation unit, your child will:
- Read and understand the definition of each punctuation mark and see the examples of each with posters to hang in the classroom.
- Decide if a sentence is a question or a statement and put the correct punctuation mark at the end.
- Decide if a sentence is an exclamation or a statement and put the correct punctuation mark at the end.
- Abbreviate days of the week and months of the year with a period.
- Use periods to abbreviate and shorten words. EX: mister is Mr.
- Use commas in conjunctions.
- Use commas when listing words in a sentence.
- Use commas with calendar dates.
- Use commas with quotation marks.
- Use apostrophe to show possession.
- Use apostrophe to show contractions.
- Word search for contractions.
- Know when to use quotation marks in sentences when someone is speaking.
- Use quotation marks for titles.
It is 43 pages of fun, engaging activities!
Easy for parents and easy for kids to complete as they learn from these phonics Punctuation Marks: 1st & 2nd Grade Grammar | Phonics Review Worksheets games and activities.
For other phonics worksheets, click on the following links: