Follow James as he plants a tree in this fun, Earth Day adapted book. Students will follow along the story of James planting a tree. They will be tasked with reading – or being read – the instruction on each page and then finding the relevant symbol answer card to answer the questions.
- Print out all of the pages.
- Cut out and laminate each of the pages and bind them into an adapted book.
- Cut out and laminate each of the individual symbols and place velcro onto the back of them.
- Laminate the final base – the baseboard – and add velcro onto these.
- Place the individual symbols onto the baseboard. Students choose the symbols from the baseboard to place onto the adapted book as they complete it.
This adapted book is a great way for your students to work on their question and answering skills. A vital skill that will help them in the future.
Nikki has always been passionate about providing engaging opportunities for activities to be student-led and to improve independence with her students. She finds it important to help students reach their best potential and achieve their goals in a way that is suitable for their individual abilities and needs. Nikki is a firm believe in less stress and more success. That's another reason why she created 'Teaching Autism.' The resources that she offers will allow you to integrate the highest quality resources and activities into your classroom or learning environment, while taking the pressure off you. She has built herself an excellent reputation with schools all around the world with her fun and different approach to learning. From having a pretend wedding - in an actual wedding venue - to learn about the Royal Wedding, to having crime scene transformations every month. Nikki has put her own unique and creative spin on teaching which has helped students everywhere fall in love with learning.
There are no reviews yet.