Fun spelling activity worksheets that align with your Savvas My View Literacy spelling curriculum for second grade. Perfect for spelling homework, centers or general practice! Covers you for the WHOLE year with 8 activities for EVERY week of units 1-5. Answer Key included!
This resource aligns with the 2020 My View Literacy spelling curriculum that was created by Savvas Learning Company LLC. This version is the most current to date (as of October 2023).
The weekly activity variety includes the following pages:
1. Polar Plunge: students place each of their spelling words in a chilly polar iceberg.
2. Ready? Set? Go!: Repetition is key! Students write their spelling words three times each.
3. ABC Order: With the alphabet at the top of the page for guidance, students will put their spelling words in ABC order.
4. Sneaky Snake: students use various colors to write their spelling words over and over in a long, slithery snake.
5. Word Treasure Hunt: this is a fun word search activity where students will search for their spelling words. The words can be found going straight down and straight across, from left to right only. Nothing is diagonal or backwards yet at this level.
6. Sizzling Sentences: students practice creative writing by writing one sentence for each spelling word, while challenging themselves to start each sentence differently.
7. You’ve Got Mail!: students practice writing a friendly letter that includes their spelling words, with each section formatted for them.
8. Decoding Detective: students decode their spelling words using the secret symbol code at the top of the page. This one is fun!
© The Buffalo Barn. This product is intellectual property that I own. Your purchase constitutes a license to use my property. My property shall not be posted or reproduced on any website or shared drive where it can be downloaded by others. My property may be referenced with credit and a link to my store. You shall not translate or resell my property.
The Buffalo Barn is not affiliated with, endorsed by, sponsored by or officially connected in any way to Benchmark Advance, the Benchmark Education Company LLC, McGraw-Hill School Education Holdings LLC, Savvas Learning Company LLC, or their subsidiaries. The terms Benchmark, Benchmark Advance, Wonders, and Savvas My View are registered trademarks of their owners. Use of these terms by The Buffalo Barn is to inform buyers how my resources may be used alongside other published material and does not imply affiliation or association with the owners of these published materials.
Welcome to The Buffalo Barn! I am a credentialed teacher and a mom of two amazing boys! I often create materials for use in my own classroom as well as for my own kids, nieces and nephews. The resources I create are highly engaging, colorful, and have fun graphics to keep learners interested! Most of my resources are print and go, or very little prep! Perfect for busy homeschooling parents and teachers!
I am also happy to create materials if you have specific needs or requests! Just send me an email and let me know what you have in mind! Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org