Management of Individual and Family Resources
Meets the following objectives in 2-2 1/2 weeks of lessons:
- Analyze the economic rights and responsibilities of individual’s as consumers.
- Apply managements, planning skills, and processes to organize tasks and responsibilities.
- Develop and apply multiple strategies for individuals and families to make choices to satisfy needs and wants.
- Analyze the consequences of an economic decision made by an individual consumer such as the decisions to provide safe and nutritious food clothing, housing, health care, recreation, and transportation
- Analyze the impact of media and technological advances on family and consumer decisions.
I purchased PAYDAY games (available from Amazon) for my class. My students loved playing this game so much that they begged for another class day to play the game.
Learning Activities include: (These can take 1-2 days)
- Bingo game introduction (No pieces or cards to keep track of)
- Consumer Rights and Responsibilities Foldable
- Collage about Self
- Making a Choice Calendar Activity or PAYDAY Game (optional)
- Decision Making Case Studies
- Calendar of Events activity
- Ad Aware Activity
- Ad Techniques