Long A Vowel a-e Letter Pattern
- About this resource
- About Story Based Learning
4 Word Lists
- 3 levels, 10 words in each list
- 1 list of 9 sight words
Baby Jake’s Birthday: Story on a Page
- 2 copies of Phonics Story with 103 Long A Words showing 9 different ways to spell the Long A vowel sound.
- Version 1 all text in black
- Version 2 Long A words printed in green
4 My Words To Learn
- List of Long A words to learn, Look Cover Write Check
- 3 levels plus sight words
4 Spelling Contracts
- Spelling activities for workbooks
- Write the word to match the picture worksheet
3 Mini Books
- Write words and draw pictures to make a mini book
3 Words in a Picture
- Find where all the Long A words belong on the picture
3 Match Words and Pictures
- Use as individual activities or laminate for re-use
- 2 copies: Colour and Black and White
4 Rhyming Long A
- Highlight the rhyming Long A words in the table
Finding Long A
- Find the Long A words in the story
- Underline the Long A letters
- Find more a_e Long A words
- How many other sounds do the graphemes represent
- Answer guide
- Bookmarks for easy reference
- Plain black text
- Coloured Long A graphemes with pictures
- Cut out and combine the phonemes to make words
- Practical ideas to teach and reinforce phonemic awareness and letter sound correspondence
Included in this resource is the story on one page.
Click on the link for the full length picture book version.
About Story Based Learning
Clever Speller embeds systematic and analytic phonics in purpose written stories to provide the context for phonics to make sense and easily show how sounds in words can be spelled in many different ways.
Our story based approach is designed to add life to spelling lessons and easily supports and complements methodologies such as Orton Gillingham, Science of Reading, Jolly Phonics, Montessori, Home School, or any favourite teaching program.
Clever Speller stories are different to most decodable readers and passages. They are written in full length colourful picture book style, with beautifully illustrated scenes, engaging characters and imaginative adventures.
Our stories provide a link between decodable readers and storybooks. They include a variety of words ranging from simple to complex, with the focus sound letters printed in green to assist with decoding.
In this story Jamie and Jane are in charge of the games at Baby Jake’s birthday party. Children will love reading about the fun at the party and easily learn 9 different ways to spell the Long A sound in a natural context.
In this resource the base words and pictures are from the phonics story ‘Baby Jake’s Birthday’, containing 103 Long A words showing 9 ways the Long A sound can be spelled