Life As We Knew It Close Reading Worksheet
Go beyond reading comprehension with this set of analysis questions for Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer.
Covering a chapter two journal entry dated May 18, this Life As We Knew It Close Reading Worksheet supports the development of high school close reading skills and facilitates preparation for standardized testing scenarios. An answer key is included. Materials are delivered in Word Document and PDF formats.
This resource may serve as the basis for small-group discussions in which students decode language and pose/respond to questions relating to plot, broad topics, and character development. Using this resource for structured guidance, students will improve their ability to present information, conclusions, and supporting textual evidence clearly and convincingly.
By completing this exercise, students will:
- Identify what the text states explicitly and implicitly
- Explore how complex characters develop and interact
- Analyze language to discern the intended effect
- Apply knowledge of literary devices including hyperbole and metaphor
- Explore the author’s craft
- Support claims with relevant textual evidence and reasoning
- Write ideas with clarity and precision
- And more
There are no reviews yet.