Life As We Knew It Chapter 5 Close Reading Worksheet
Go beyond reading comprehension with this set of analysis questions for Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Covering a chapter five journal entry dated June 3, this resource supports the development of high school close reading skills and facilitates preparation for standardized testing scenarios. An answer key is included. Materials are delivered in Word Document and PDF formats.
This resource may serve as the basis for small-group discussions in which students decode language and pose/respond to questions relating to plot, broad topics, and character development. Using this resource for structured guidance, students will improve their ability to present information, conclusions, and supporting textual evidence clearly and convincingly.
By completing this exercise, students will:
- Identify what the text states explicitly and implicitly
- Explore how complex characters develop and interact
- Analyze the author’s language to articulate the intended effect
- Apply knowledge of literary devices including paradox, pun, and internal conflict
- Explore the greater significance of a given detail
- Determine the tone of a passage
- Support claims with relevant textual evidence and reasoning
- Write ideas with clarity and precision
There are no reviews yet.