Life As We Knew It Chapter 14 Close Reading Worksheet
Go beyond reading comprehension with this set of analysis questions for Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Covering a chapter fourteen journal entry dated October 15, this resource supports the development of high school close reading skills and facilitates preparation for standardized testing scenarios. An answer key is included. Materials are delivered in Word Document and PDF formats.
This resource may serve as the basis for small-group discussions in which students decode language and pose/respond to questions relating to plot, broad topics, and character development. Using this resource for structured guidance, students will improve their ability to present information, conclusions, and supporting textual evidence clearly and convincingly.
By completing this exercise, students will:
- Identify what the text states explicitly and implicitly
- Explore how complex characters think, behave, develop, and interact
- Analyze differences and nuances in word meanings
- Explore cause-and-effect relationships
- Consider relevant themes in the context of the diary entry
- Apply knowledge of literary devices such as simile, metaphor, and foreshadowing
- Articulate the intended effect of a figurative expression
- Write about literature with clarity and precision
There are no reviews yet.