Life As We Knew It Chapter 11 Close Reading Worksheet
Go beyond reading comprehension with this set of analysis questions for Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Covering a chapter eleven journal entry dated August 31, this resource supports the development of high school close reading skills and facilitates preparation for standardized testing scenarios. An answer key is included. Materials are delivered in Word Document and PDF formats.
This resource may serve as the basis for small-group discussions in which students decode language and pose/respond to questions relating to plot, broad topics, and character development. Using this resource for structured guidance, students will improve their ability to present information, conclusions, and supporting textual evidence clearly and convincingly.
By completing this exercise, students will:
- Identify what the text states explicitly and implicitly
- Analyze how complex characters develop and interact
- Explore character motivations
- Apply knowledge of literary devices such as metaphor
- Determine the most applicable theme to the passage
- Make logical inferences in the context of the passage
- Analyze differences between and nuances of a set of adjectives
- Defend a claim with sound reasoning and textual evidence
- Write ideas with clarity and precision
There are no reviews yet.