In this Fourth Grade Health Lesson Plan, students will:
- Compare and contrast a variety of healthy practices and behaviors to maintain or improve personal, community, and environmental health.
- Differentiate between communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Assess the importance of accepting the similarities and differences of self and others as it relates to personal, community, and environmental health.
- Describe how individuals interact within different kinds of family structures.
- Examine genetics and its relationship to family history and personal health.
- Identify physical and psychological responses to stressors.
- Recognize how expression of emotions can vary across individuals and situations.
- Identify how each nutrient contributes to a healthy body.
- Recognize the mental, social, and physical benefits of physical activity.
- Summarize why people use over the counter and prescription medications in relation to health promotion and disease prevention.
- Relate the negative factors that influence a person’s physical, social, and emotional health when using alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and other drugs.
- Categorize safe and unsafe situations at home, school, and in the community.
- Describe ways personal space of self and others can be violated.
- Categorize various forms of abuse and ways to get help.
- Describe how to report to a safe/trusted adult when you or someone else needs help.
- Explain various steps to take if separated or lost from a parent or guardian.
- Investigate the hazards and dangers of becoming separated or lost from a parent, guardian, or caregiver.
- Categorize the advantages and disadvantages of communicating using technology and social media.
- Identify the body parts of the human reproductive system using correct anatomical terms.
- Explain that all living things reproduce.
Assessments are included at the end of each lesson!!
This Fourth Grade Health Lesson Plan includes 78 pages of information that is engaging and informative.
There are no reviews yet.