Fall Writing / Back to School Writing Prompts
These ENGAGING Fall | September, October, and November Writing Prompts are designed for 3rd through 5th grade.
These Fall Writing Prompts: Opinion, Narrative, and Informative are designed to help kids master their writing skills if they practice writing each month, each season, and for holidays with engaging prompts. Each writing prompt in this writing unit is designed to help master opinion writing, narrative writing, and informative/ explanatory writing. There are instructions listed at the top of each prompt that encourages students to use an introduction, reasons to support their writing, and a conclusion. To help students prepare before they start their writing, they should organize their thoughts with writing organizers. Use these writing organizers as a tool to help guide a student with their writing.
This Fall Writing Unit includes 3 Opinion prompts, 3 Narrative Prompts, and 3 Informative / Explanatory Prompts that are centered around Fall Activities and Back to School prompts. Also included are 2 different writing organizer pages for each type of writing prompt.
It’s a GREAT value with fun festive borders to display in your home and interesting and engaging prompts to promote creativity in your child!
93 pages included!
Here are a few examples of the Fall Writing / Back to School Writing Prompts:
- Which is better: Apple Cider or Hot Chocolate?
- Apple Desserts or Pumpkin Desserts: Which is Best?
- What is your Favorite Fall Smell? Why is it your Favorite?
- If you lived in a Giant Pumpkin, describe what life would be like.
- You entered a Corn Maze and discovered…
- Tell about a Fall Hayride. Where would you go and what would you see?
- Explain why Animals gather Food during the Fall
- How does the Cooler Fall Weather change the Region where you live?
- In the Fall, there are fewer Daylight Hours. How does this affect you and other people?
- If you could invent a new subject to learn at school, what would it be? Tell a story about your new subject.
- At the end of the school day, you discover something strange in your backpack. Tell a story about what you found and how it got there.
- Write a goal for this school year then explain how you can achieve it.
- Which is better: A Sweater or a Coat for Chilly Weather?
- You were raking up fall leaves and discovered…