Ending Sounds Activities for Phonics
Grab these Ending Sound Activities for students needing practice identifying final consonant sounds!
Included are 46(28 color and b/w activities & worksheets and 16 answer keys) with 4 different activities! Ending sound isolation is practiced in all worksheets.
The final consonant sound includes only single consonants, not any blends. Some of the consonants practiced are: S, T, L, N, X, P, F, K, D, G and R. These are final sounds, not letters. A few words end in a silent e, but the student needs to identify the final . For example, with the word “purse”, the student would say the final sound is “s”.
- Kindergarten, 1st, and any students needing to practice final ending sound isolation
- High-quality clipart
- Pictures are easy to decipher. No guessing what the picture is! But if you do have question about a picture, there are answer keys.
- Easy-to-read fonts
- Each activity includes a color version, a black-and-white version, and an answer key. (*The cut-and-glue activity only includes b/w and answer key)
- For the color ending sounds worksheets would be to print then laminate. Let your student use a dry erase marker on the laminated worksheets. You will be able to practice over and over!
- I’ve also included an answer key for each worksheet with answers highlighted yellow or written red. This would be great to include for students to check their own answers.
- Ending Sound Clip Cards
- Cut-and-Glue the Ending Sound
- Write the Letter of the Ending Sound