Feeling unmotivated to work on your business? Now, that doesn’t sound like you! You LOVE what you do! It’s your passion. Your calling. The thing you were made for!
If you’re anything like me, you’ve said those exact things to yourself. And continued to question why you are doing what you’re doing in the first place.
Sometimes owning a business (especially an online business) can feel like the loneliest place in the world. When you’re feeling lonely, inadequate, and unmotivated – it’s easy to question why you should keep going.
RECENTLY, I’VE GIVEN MYSELF A BOLD BUSINESS MAMA CHECK-UP.
What the heck am I doing? I will never reach the number of readers that she has on her blog! Why doesn’t my Instagram grow as fast as hers? What does SHE have, that I don’t? I am destined to just be a mama and a wife. That’s it.
These are the thoughts that are constantly going through my head. They’re the thoughts that make me question everything I share. Those thoughts make me wonder if I’m really on the right path for my life.
Then I heard a sermon today.
If you don’t have time for a little relational chatter, just scroll down to the list and get your creativity back on track. But if you have a minute, I’d love to share my heart with you.
The preacher talked about aligning the things in our life with Jesus. When we start to feel broken, scattered, insecure, hopeless, those are all symptoms of being out of alignment with our Creator.
The reason I exist is to complete a calling God placed on my life and I believe that calling is being carried out through Live Bold Mama. But my mindset is shifting in the way I view my position and the potential I see for this space on the internet.
If we truly want to be mamas who want to live out our calling and allow Jesus to control our business, we need to do things within our business that may not make sense in the typical business industry.
FOR ME, THAT LOOKS LIKE RELYING ON JESUS TO GUIDE ME WHEN I’M FEELING UNMOTIVATED.
In Matthew 16:24, Jesus said that in order to follow Him, we must first forget ourselves. I want Live Bold Mama to be a platform that honors God and points others back to Him. I can’t do that if I am constantly looking for ways to make it better on MY terms.
If God wants this to be successful, He will grow it in His time. I just have to be ready, willing to be obedient, and trust that He has it under control.
As I said, I’ve been feeling unmotivated. And I’m guessing I’m not alone since you’re reading this too! So I started a soul-searching adventure (as my 4-year-old would explain it).
All of this “need” to be successful and “talk” about growing a business myself – I’ve just realized that I am focusing on all the wrong things. It’s not ME who can grow this business, it’s God. He’s called me to this and I know He will make a way.
So here’s my question for you, what are you doing that’s making you unmotivated? Perhaps a little soul-searching adventure wouldn’t hurt you either!?
I ASKED A FEW FELLOW BUSINESS MAMAS WHAT THEY DO WHEN THEY’RE FEELING UNMOTIVATED
Their answers really stuck out to me!
These are some great options for when you’re needing a little help with creativity and I would encourage you to choose one or two to do during your soul-searching adventure as well!
- Get in nature – It’s probably the most creative place you could be!
- Practice Yoga – Deep breaths and slow movements, perfect for a mind that needs to be motivated!
- Work on easy wins – Check your to-do list for the day, what could you knock out quick just to feel accomplished for the day? (clean the house, shop for groceries, send an email)
- Listen to a podcast – This is currently my favorite.
- Take a shower – Pray, listen to an audiobook, or just be silent. Showers can be the best motivation for a busy mama.
- Read a book – Either carve out an hour to yourself or make it a read-aloud for the family. But reading an actual book always gets my mind on the right track!
- Learn something new – A new skill in your niche, a new way to cook your favorite meal, it doesn’t matter. The point is to work your brain and learn something new to you!
| Related: Mom Boss Confidence
- Journal in quiet time – This is a great time to sit and listen and then write what you hear. I’ve had so many great ideas straight from the Source when I’ve done this.
- Incentivize yourself to get something done – Craving ice cream? Grab a cone WHEN YOU FINISH the blog post you’ve been working on for three days. Not talking to myself at all…
- Hang out with the kids – Kids are SO creative! They play and imagine and wonder. Anytime I make the choice to close the laptop and play with them, I do NOT regret it. I almost always walk away refreshed in my soul!
- Rest and recharge – Take a nap. Go to bed early. Sleep in. Sometimes our body just physically needs rest!
- Scroll Pinterest – This is one of my favorites. Scroll for inspiration, ideas, and motivation! Pin things that make you smile, don’t be business-minded, just use Pinterest as a consumer for once.
See how great those are?! But I wouldn’t be doing any kind of service to you if I didn’t share the most important thing you could do when you’re feeling unmotivated.
Pray for yourself, guidance, your business, your clients, your future clients, your bills, your profit. Pray for God’s grace, support, and creativity. Pray for motivation to do His work. Pray that others see Him through you! Just pray.
When I take the time to sit and thank Him for all He is doing for me and this business; when I remind myself in prayer that this business belongs to Him; when I just sit and listen to His direction… I almost always jump up from that prayer and start typing away at the next best thing for Live Bold Mama.
BECAUSE I ALLOWED HIM TO MOTIVATE ME.
This blog post was a result of one of those prayers. And my prayer for you is that it’s encouraged you in some way to start bringing Jesus into the center of your business too!
If you haven’t already, be sure to sign up to receive special notes and exclusive content from me. I’d love to connect with you more! Have the best day, mama!
Create Your Homeschool is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and gets to be an affiliate for other amazing companies we know you’ll love! This means we earn a commission from qualifying purchases when you shop through our affiliate links! It’s a simple way for you to support this blog, without paying anything extra, so that we can continue to share valuable resources here with you! Affiliate links from Amazon or other programs are used on this website and may be present in this blog post.
For more information, please refer to our disclosure statement.